Dr. I.A. Alukwe is an Environmental Engineer and earned his PhD. in Water and Environmental Engineering from Virginia Tech USA, and MSc. in Hydro-Science and Engineering from TU Dresden, Germany and BSc. Engineering (Ag) from the University of Nairobi. He has more than 15 years of expertise and experience in environmental modeling, water supply & sanitation and effects of energy production and use on climate change & its effects on water resources. He has published in international peer-reviewed journals.
His most recent publications include:
- Njeru, B.K. and I.A. Alukwe, 2016. Effects of Menengai Geothermal Power Project on Fluoride Levels in the Drinking Water Sources of Menengai Caldera in Kenya. International Journal of Recent Engineering Research and Development (IJRERD) Volume No. 02 – Issue No. 03, ISSN: 2455-8761 www.ijrerd.com, PP. 61-66.
- Alukwe, A.I., 2015(a). Modelling the Status-Quo of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Fluxes in Nairobi City -Kenya. World Journal of Environmental Engineering, 2015, Vol. 3, No. 3, 67-81. Available online at http://pubs.sciepub.com/wjee/3/3/1. Science and Education Publishing. DOI:10.12691/wjee-3-3-1.
- Alukwe, A.I., 2015(b). Evaluating Implications of Vision 2030 on Nutrient Fluxes in Nairobi, Kenya. American Journal of Environmental Engineering 2015, 5(4): 90-105. Scientific and Academic Publishing. DOI: 10.5923/j.ajee.20150504.02.
- Eric W. P., L. I. Martin, D. H. Malon, I. A. Alukwe , 2015. Identification of potential vertical gas migration pathways above gas storage reservoirs. World Journal of Environmental Engineering, 2015, Vol. 3, No. 2, 23-31. Science and Education Publishing. DOI:10.12691/wjee-3-2-1.
- Alukwe, A.I. and T. Dillaha, 2014. Effects of Watershed Land Use Data on HSPF Water Quality in the Upper Opequon Watershed in northern Virginia, USA. American Journal of Water Resources, 2014, Vol. 2, No. 3, 54-62. Science and Education Publishing. DOI: 10.12691/ajwr-2-3-1. Available online at http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajwr/2/3/1. Dissertations & Theses – Gradworks 2013, 138 pages; 3585704. Available online at: http://gradworks.umi.com/35/85/3585704.html.
- Alukwe, A.I. and Arogo, J.O., 2010: Thickening phosphorus rich sludge using enhanced biological phosphorus removal system for controlling water pollution from wastewater, Presented at ASABE Annual Meeting, 2010, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Alukwe, I. and C. Wallace. 2011. Using SWAT to Monitor the Impacts of BMPs on Sediment Yield and Overland Flows. A SWAT Model Project 2011. 200 Seitz Hall, Virginia -Tech, Blacksburg VA. Available online at: http://cwwallac.wix.com/bse5354swatproject#!contact-us.
- Beham B., Zeckoski, R. Alukwe, I. and Klein K., 2011: Development of Bacteria Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) – Report for the Tarara Creek, High Tide Region of Eastern Virginia, A report to the US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). (TMDLs are Watershed Strategic Plans for Restoring Polluted Water Bodies).
- Report on a study of the stormwater impact on Zschonerberg Creek to meet the EU Water Framework Directive (EU WFD) on hydraulic stress and emissions requirements. Consultancy for Dresden Sewerage Operator Company, Germany.